At BSCL, we stock an extensive range of bonded washers to fit a wide variety of appliances and specialised machinery. Bonded washers are used in many different applications, ranging from drilling equipment to navigational aids.
What are bonded washers?
Bonded washers combine a rubber seal, pressure bonded to the inside of a metallic washer. The most commonly used material is zinc plated steel, although we can source other varieties. Bonded washers are extremely watertight and thus are frequently used to create leak-proof seals in hydraulic systems.
- Advantages of BSCL bonded washers
- We provide bonded washers suitable for all different applications, and for contact with different liquids, including corrosive fluids.
- Components suitable for use with diesel and low octane fuels
- Continuous operating efficiency across an extensive temperature range (approximately minus 29°C to plus 120°C).
- Extremely durable and proven to reduce bolting torque, thus reducing wear and tear and the associated maintenance costs.
- The best means of face sealing at both high and low pressures
- No groove cutting or special machinery required
- Components can be reused when remaking joints
BSCL also carry an extensive range of bonded seals or dowty washers.
- TYPES & STANDARDS – Self-Centralising Bonded Seals, Standard Bonded Seals. British Imperial, German metric (ISO R261 BS3643), French metric range (ISO R261 BS3643), CETOP Range (ISO 1179:1973).
- MATERIALS – Rubber membrane – Nitrile (NBR), Fluorocarbon (FPM), EPDM & Hydrogenated Nitrile (HNBR)
- SHORE HARDNESS – NBR90, FPM80, HNBR80
- MATERIALS – Metal Washer – Mild Steel (Zinc plated, Clear or Gold passivate) Stainless Steel & Aluminum
- BRAND NAMES – Trelleborg(DOWTY), Busak, Parmargan
- KITS – For more information on these and our extensive range of other kits, please visit our Kits Section
Find out more
We can accommodate orders ranging from a few units to bulk orders of many thousands of washers. For a competitive, no obligation quote on bonded washers or to discuss what product you need to suit your appliance, please call our sales team today. Alternatively, send us a message through our online enquiries form and one of our advisers will get back to you as soon as possible.